Install The Software
Installation and verification of the controller software.
Get the latest version of the SeedHammer software.
- Download the disk image
- Download the signature file
vX.Y.Z is the most recent version number.
In addition download our public signing key.
- This file should be downloaded only once and re-used for verification of future software versions.
All 3 files should be in the same directory:
Verify the software image signature.
- Verify the
seedhammer-vX.Y.Z.imgwith the ssh-keygen tool:
$ ssh-keygen -Y verify -f seedhammer-signers.pub -I firstname.lastname@example.org -n seedhammer.img -s seedhammer-vX.Y.Z.img.sig < seedhammer-vX.Y.Z.img
- The command should succeed with a message similar to:
Good "seedhammer.img" signature for email@example.com with ED25519 key SHA256:xqo5VI7m8vh8UHgceOt27dep1EZ7SyCFjJOogcQBrvw
For extra security build the software from source code. Instructions are in our GitHub README.
seedhammer-vX.Y.Z.img to an empty or unused microSD card.
On Windows and macOS, use a tool like balenaEtcher.
Start The Controller
Test that the microSD card works by starting the controller.
- Install the microSD card into a compatible controller (SeedSigner).
- Power on the controller by plugging a micro-USB cable into the outermost port.
- Remove the microSD card when the startup screen appears.
- The controller should be powered on via the outermost USB port as the SeedHammer machine must use the middle port.
- Never connect the controller to a computer, use a regular power adapter.
After starting the software, proceed to load a wallet.